Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I gotta see this....

You may remember, or have been trying to forget, a post I did a while documenting the The superhero-style meeting of Derrida and Wittgenstein see pic above for my bad attempt at the auld photomanip...but this invite that I got today renews my faith in academia, I gotta see this sort of zombie philosphy puppet show:

DIALOGUES IN DIALOGUES in
Arts 2.51, 1pm
9th May
'The Platonic Dialogue and its After-Lives'Tony Gash (LIT) et al
(Tony will be initiating a dialogue between Plato and Foucault.)
ALL WELCOME
multi-disciplinary discussion group engaging with ideas, methods,theories and issues in the study of culture.
How exactly will this dialogue be initiatiated? cattle prods? exuming both bodies and dancing them around on string? I shudder to think!

2 comments:

Maire said...

Oh that brings me back to an idea that I had once... Celebrity Dead Philosopher Death Match...

Some day, some day.

John said...

Didn't Python do a sketch featuring a boxing match between A. J. Ayer and Joe Frazier or someone like that? And when Frazier won, he became the new Regius Professor of Philosophy.