Saturday, March 10, 2007

This summer....a hero will rise....

and he'll be made of lego!!

Man, I've made no secret of how much I love Bob Bryne of Clamnuts' work (this is still my favorite pic) . I think it's partly becuase of being from rural Ireland. When you find other Irish comic fans, we seem to have very similar comic book experiences growing up as fans. Huge amouts of VAT, making British and American comics an almost magical commodity- 2000AD, The Beano, The Dandy being the usual comic fans' fare, Cheeky, Whizzer and Chips, Deadline etc seeming extremly exotic. The copies of Eerie, Creepy and Vampirella used as bassast in ships and sold for a quid a go by a guy in a news stand on O'Connell Street, Alchemy's Head, Freakout! where I bought crazy undergound comics, the flea market behind Stephen's Green where I found loads of Robert Crumb's Weirdo for 50p a pop!. I distinctly remember the year Judge Dredd and Batman Forever came out and Forbidden Planet on Dawson Street (back then) was thrashed by fly-by-night fanboys 'coz de saw de film'.

Anyway all this maudlin memory muck is just an excuse to put up a great trailer for yon Bryne's opus Mister Amperduke, description here, up above. It looks fucking great.

No comments: